ROYAL COLONIAL INSTITUTE YEAR BOOK 1916
ROYAL COLONIAL INSTITUTE
Northumberland Avenue, London, W.C.
Lodge of Freemasons. 49
XXIV. LODGE OF FREEMASONS.
THE ROYAL COLONIAL INSTITUTE LODGE No. 3556 membership of which is restricted
to Fellows of the Institute was consecrated by Lord Ampthill at Freemasons’ Hall on
January 10, 1912, in the presence of some two hundred Founders and their friends.
The President of the Institute, Field-Marshal H.R.H. The Duke of Connaught, E.G.,
G.C.M.G., is the Permanent Master of the Lodge. The Hon. Sir John A. Cockburn,
M.D., K.C.M.G., acted in the capacity of Deputy Master for the first year, Brig.-
General the Hon. Sir Newton J. Moore, K.C.M.G., for the second year, F. Faithful]
Begg, Esq., for the third year, and the Hon. J. Greeley Jenkins for the fourth year.
The Lodge, which has now a membership of 140, held five meetings in 1915. At
the Installation Meeting, held on January 12, 1916, the Right Hon. Lord Lilford was
appointed by His Royal Highness to the chair as Deputy Master in succession to the
Hon. J. Greeley Jenkins. He appointed as his Officers :
Hon. J. Greeley Jenkins, I. P.M. ; Colonel G. M. Weekley, V.D., Senior Warden ;
Ralph S. Bond, Junior Warden ; Rev. Basil G. Bourchier, M.A., Chaplain ; Brig.-
General the Hon. Sir Newton J. Moore, K.C.M.G., Treasurer ; Captain T. Boevey
Barrett, Secretary ; M. H. Wade, Director of Ceremonies ; Arthur Ross, Senior Deacon ;
Gilbert Taylor, Junior Deacon ; A. Thornton, Assistant Director of Ceremonies ;
D. F. Tuffill, Organist ; Major James R. Boose, C.M.G., V.D., Assistant Secretary ;
A. W. Thompson, Inner Guard ; A. H. Moreing, Captain J. B. Lee Roberts and Dr.
H. Lyster-Jameson, M.A., D.Sc., Ph.D., Stewards ; Joseph Taylor, Tyler.
The Royal Colonial Institute Chapter
was consecrated on December 18, 1913, by
the Grand Secretary, Sir Edward Letchworth, F.S.A., the Principals being Brig.-
General Hon. Sir Newton J. Moore, K.C.M.G., Colonel G. M. Weekley, V.D., and T.
Boevey Barrett. The Scribe E is Major T. A. Glenny.
The Lodge and Chapter Meetings are both held at Freemasons’ Hall. The Lodge
on the second Wednesdays in the months of January, March, May, July and October.
The Chapter on the first Tuesdays in November, February, and May. Correspondence
should be addressed to the respective Secretaries at the Institute.