Sarah Blau's design of the upcoming Akego Gallery, the new African and Diasporan gallery. Part of the challenge was to create design that gave a sense of light and translucency.
The objectives were to create a flexible space for showcasing the works of contemporary African and African Diasporan artists. Part of the challenge was to create design that gave a sense of light and translucency.
The design highlights are:
- Showcase African and African diaspora art, especially contemporary
- Open and light space that promotes enjoyment of the artwork
- Enjoyable and interesting space that does not outshine the art
- Visually engaging and easy to understand
- Multi-functional and flexible
- Elasticity of space
PowerPoint Presentation (slideshow)
A 3D animation of Sara Blau's design. Rate this design.