Rachel Goldfarb's design of the upcoming Akego Gallery, the new African and Diasporan gallery. Part of the challenge was to create design that gave a sense of light and translucency.
The objectives were to create a flexible space for showcasing the works of contemporary African and African Diasporan artists. Part of the challenge was to create design that gave a sense of light and translucency.
The design highlights are:
- To create a gallery space to showcase African art
- To highlight each piece of art as a creative entity as well as a part of a whole
- To use natural and sustainable materials
- To use vibrant bursts of color to portray the energy of African art
- To create a modern space that appeals to all user groups
PowerPoint Presentation (slideshow)
A 3D animation of Rachel Goldfarb's design. Rate this design.