Nigeria Blocks Ebola

MINISTER of Health, Professor Onyebuchi Chukwu, on Tuesday, said only one Ebola patient remained in isolation in the country, down from the 13 cases it confirmed since the outbreak of the virus in July.

Professor Chukwu, at a press conference, also disclosed that two more people in isolation had been tested negative to the deadly virus.

The deadly virus was first brought to Nigeria 38 days ago by a Liberian-American, Patrick Sawyer, who later died, but after health workers who treated him had contracted the virus.

Professor Chukwu said so far, Nigeria has had 13 cases, including the index case, adding that five of those infected died, while seven had successfully recovered and discharged.

More @ Nigeria blocks ebola

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *